I've been searching for bedroom ideas so that I can redecorate my master bedroom and also my guest bedroom. My hubby might think this is a little bright for the master bedroom, so I'll be taking tips for the guest room from this photo. I love a bright, cheery room. Especially on a cold, winter day!
What I love/ideas to steal for your own home:
1. A patterned rug on the floor adds a fun pop of color, defines the sleeping area, and adds soft comfort on those tootsies in the morning.
2. White walls, trim, sheets and bed skirt keep things bright and neutral. Add that pop of color on the duvet, pillows and curtains. This makes it easier to change your color scheme whenever you'd like.
3. Add another pattern with the curtains. Make sure to mix the scale of your patterns and keep them in them same color family. ie:the pattern on the rug is large, so adding a smaller scale pattern in the curtains looks better and an even smaller scale like the check pillow on the bed ties the whole thing together.
4. Love the dash of black in the lamps as well as the mirrors and one pillow. Black keeps the room grounded and from looking too candy coated.
5. An unexpected item: the front pillow on the bed does not necessarily "go" with anything else in the room. It adds a fun unexpected twist, but doesn't look out of place.
Image from Canadian House and Home